Monday, March 11, 2013

Happiness is. . . a Super Model Lipstick for only $2.89!


Hello dolls!  Happy Monday!  Isn't it sad that the weekend is already over?  Well if you need something to cheer yourself up for the rest of the week then I might just have the right thing for you.  If you've been reading my blog then you probably know by now that I'm a makeup fanatic.  I love everything... from the upscale products that you can buy only in stores like Sephora and Ulta to the beauty bargains available at the local pharmacy.  I have a little bit of a cold so I decided to stop at Walgreens to get myself some medicine and, of course, I had to walk by the Makeup wall before getting into the Cold & Cough aisle.  I had to!  And I'm so HAPPY that I did because I scored some great deals.

Every Beauty Blogger and YouTube guru in Cyberspace have been obsessing over the lipstick collection created by super model Kate Moss for Rimmel London.  I have been wanting to try these lipsticks forever but I always forget to pick them up.  You know how easy it is to get distracted at the pharmacy!  I usually end up forgetting the stuff that I have on my list and end up buying something completely different.  Luckily this time I didn't forget my medicine cause I do need that, but I also picked up not one, but two lipsticks from the Kate Moss collection because they are on sale for only $2.89.  I mean, at just under $6 on regular price they are pretty affordable as it is but it would be a crime to pass them up at less than $3.

They come in two formulas and I got one from each.  I bought the Lasting Finish Lipstick  (black tube) in shade 01 (a true red) and the Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick (red tube) in the infamous shade 107 (deep plum red).  The original formula is supposedly infused with Black Diamonds.  I have no idea if there's any truth in that but I would say that it felt really moisturizing on my lips and the color was really vibrant with almost a glossy finish.  I only tried it on today so I can't say that it will last all day like the name implies but it definitely felt and looked good on my lips, and if does have a nice scent/taste to it.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in shade 01



As for the matte formula, it's said to be enriched with Ruby Powder but again no clue if this is true or not.  I would say that it's very creamy and smooth for a matte lipstick and the color is very bold and dramatic.  I can see why everyone and their grandmother have been raving about this shade!  It's not as hydrating as the original formula but it's something that I can definitely wear, and I'm not one for matte lipsticks as I have extremely dry lips and hate anything that would highlight any flakiness or imperfections.  This lipstick is a great way to get into the matte lip arena if you are somewhat scared of matte lipsticks like me.


Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in shade 107



The packaging on these lipsticks is very modern and sleek.  Not glam like an Yves Saint Laurent tube but definitely up there with Mac.  I especially love that it has Kate's signature scribbled across the lid.  It gives it a very nice touch!




Overall I like these lipsticks a lot and I'm sure I'm going to go back for more now that I know how they wear.  If you haven't tried these lipsticks you should run to your local Walgreens and get yours this week while the sale is still going on.  Can't beat that price!

Have you tried the Kate Moss lipsticks yet?  What is your favorite shade?

Besos, Isabel xox




         

No comments:

Post a Comment