Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happiness is. . . New Spring Lipsticks

Hello dolls!  I just realized that I've been blogging for a month now.  Wow, time flies!  So today I'm sharing with you some of my latest obsessions.  When it comes to makeup, I'm more of a lipstick kind a girl than an eyeshadow type of gal.  Yes, once in a while I do LOVE a dramatic smokey eye, but for my day to day I simply prefer a winged eyeliner paired up with a bold lip color.  

When I lived in Miami Beach, I used pick my lip color depending on my mood and/or wherever I was going out to.  Now that I live in upstate New York, and I actually have seasons, I prefer to adjust my makeup palette accordingly.  Since Spring is officially here (although we are still freezing in Rochester) I went out and got myself some pretty new lipsticks in the shades of the season - hot pink, tangerine and a few shades in between.  Luckily, I was able to score a few sales and ended up paying only $13 for the four lipsticks that I bought.  Not too shabby at all!  


Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in #17







This is the perfect lip color for the girl that likes more of a natural look.  If you are looking for that "like your lips, but better" kind of color and favor shades like "Angel" from MAC then, hands down, this is your lipstick.  I do however prefer a more vibrant lip color and, as you can see, this lipstick barely shows on my lips so I have to say that this is my least favorite of the four.  Like I stated before in a review that you can still read here I do love the packaging and how moisturizing these Rimmel lipsticks feel on my lips though.  This is a limited edition Spring shade so if you like it I recommend you get it before they come out with their Summer colors.  I got this one on sale for $2.89 at Walgreens about two weeks ago.

Sephora True Cream Lipstick in "I'll Lead"  





   
One word can describe this color perfectly, Spring, but regretfully my pictures don't do it justice at all.  It's a coral-peach bright hue, very similar to Costa Chic from MAC but I wouldn't call it an exact dupe.  It looks beautiful on fair skin gals as well as more golden tone girls like me.  I love the color and how creamy it is, especially since my lips are still pretty dry due to the Winter months.  I can't say enough good things about it!  The bad news is that Sephora discontinued this formula but you can still buy it at the store.  Look for it in the sale area.  It's only $3.  I seriously hope that you can still find this color because it's so divine and definitely Spring-y!


Sephora True Cream Lipstick in "Sunset Rhythm"






This is a super FUN color, definitively not for the faint of heart.  It's truly orange and I like it a lot.  I've been wanting to buy an orange lipstick forever but, because I never wore it before, I was hesitant to spend my hard earned money on something that wasn't really me.  Luckily, I found this bright orange shade in the $3 sale bin at Sephora and I knew I had to have it.  This is the same formula of "I'll Lead" so I'm very happy with the texture as well.  If you want to venture into the orange side you should totally try this one.


Revlon Lip Butter in #075 "Lollipop"






This lip color is AMAZING!  These Revlon lipsticks have been quite popular in the beauty blogs lately so I've been wanting to try one.  Since hot pink is one of the IT colors of the season, I went with this shade and I'm so happy I did.  It looks beautiful on my lips and I got an immense amount of compliments when I wore it to work.  Even my boyfriend said he liked it and he, like most boys, hates bold lip colors with a passion.  It also stayed on for many hours and kept my lips very hydrated.  It's very pigmented and has an almost glossy finish to it.  I just love it and I know that I'll be buying more of these for sure.  Especially since Rite Aid has "Buy One, Get One Half Off" deals all the time.  That's how I got mine for less than $4.  Happy dance!


The swatches: Sephora Sunset Rhythm, Sephora I'll Lead, Revlon 075 Lollipop & Rimmel 17 
  

Now, if you really want to stop traffic with your lip color this Spring here's a little bonus for you.  According to Cosmopolitan magazine (the April issue) the best way to show off your sexy pout this season is wearing fuchsia and tangerine at the same time for the perfect Pop Art lips.  If you liked the ombre trend you definitely need to try this.

Pop Art lips with Revlon 075 Lollipop and Sephora Sunset Rhythm
The inspiration: Pop Art Lips at Cosmopolitan magazine (April Issue)
And that is all for now... until the next post.  What lip shades are you looking into wearing this Spring?  Do you prefer Winter or Spring shades?

Besos, Isabel xox



No comments:

Post a Comment