Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happiness is. . . a Healthy and Delicious Smoothie




Hello dolls!  I'm always looking for healthy things to eat and/or drink.  My problem is that I'm the worst fussy eater.  It's embarrassing!  I act like a baby when it comes to food.  So I try to find ways to eat the necessary fruits and vegetables by juicing them or blending them.  I used to never be able to eat anything green - except for avocado, in a guacamole - but ever since I started juicing a year and a half ago I'm able to consume kale, spinach, broccoli... in a juice form.  I like fruits better than I like vegetables but I tend to forget to eat them and then they end up going bad in the refrigerator.  I'm trying to eat better everyday but it takes time to correct bad habits.  Baby steps!

I wanted to share with you a very easy, delicious and healthy smoothie that I like to make in the mornings.  I love it because is sweet and healthy and that's really hard to find.  For the most part, if something is sweet it tends to be unhealthy.  Here's the recipe:

1 cup of almond milk
1-2 tbsp of peanut butter (I prefer 2)
1 tsp of honey
1 banana
1 scoop of your favorite vanilla protein (optional)
4-5 ice cubes

Mix all the ingredients in your blender and blend for a minute or so and voila!  You got yourself a healthy and tasty smoothie that you and your family can enjoy.  If you have kids and they happen to be like me, fussy eaters with a sweet tooth, try this.  I'm sure they will enjoy it.  Happy Sunday everyone!



Besos, Isabel xox
 

No comments:

Post a Comment