Friday, March 1, 2013

Happiness is. . . a Squeaky Clean Face


Hello lovelies!  It's Friday (insert HAPPY dance).  I hope you kick off your weekend with a fun night, even if you stay in like me.  I wanted to tell you about the cleansing part of my new skin care routine.  Since my skin is more on the dry side up in New York, my old Miami routine was just not working anymore.  My face was feeling extremely tight (ouch!) and overly dry after using my old cleanser, not to mention it was starting to flake around my nose and on my forehead.  Yikes!   Plus I'm getting old(er) so I figured it's time to add some anti-aging products in the mix and see how my skin reacts to it.  Well, I'm glad to say that I'm very satisfied with the products that I'm currently using.  It's only been two weeks but I can already see the results and my skin is thankful for it.  Here's what I've been using:





My skin feels so fresh and so smooth when I use this!  It is the first cleanser that I've ever used with anti-aging properties and it's also the first Peter Thomas Roth product that I've ever purchased.  This cleanser has 1% glycolic acid which exfoliates your skin, and salicylic acid which cleans up your pores and prevents breakouts.  This cleansing gel will make your pores look smaller, brighten your complexion and diminish fine lines and wrinkles.  I use it with my Clarisonic every other night because I have dry skin, but if your skin is combination to oily, like my boyfriend's, you will probably do well using it everyday.  He has been using it every night and hasn't had any problems.  However it is NOT recommended for sensitive skin.  I use about a dime size of product on my whole face and neck and that is more than enough.  The smell is amazing!  I love anything peach scented.  Although it is on the pricey side, I know that this 8 oz bottle will last me a long time because a little goes a long way.





I read great reviews about this cleanser online so I decided to give it a try.  It's recommended by dermatologists for people with dry skin like me and it even has the logo of the National Eczema Association on its label.  It is very gentle, non-comedogenic and fragrance free, and it contains great non clogging moisturizing ingredients - ceramides and hyaluronic acid - that hydrate and nourish the skin.  This is my everyday cleanser; I use about a dime size and wash my face in the mornings using my fingers and at night with my Clarisonic.  It does remove the makeup on my complexion, but because I still use an eye makeup remover before I wash my face I don't know if it will actually remove mascara.  I love it because it leaves my skin feeling clean without stripping it or irritating it.  I also like that it comes with a pump which I find very convenient, plus it's pretty big (12 oz) and affordable.  You can buy it at most pharmacies and even at the supermarket.  I bought mine at Walgreens. 





I LOVE this toner!  This is my favorite out of these three cleansing products and it's the one that I know I will repurchase for sure.  The reason why is that it is the first toner that hasn't dried my skin since I started using toners.  Even when my skin was oily, toners used to always make my face feel way too tight.  This one minimizes my pores and gently exfoliates my skin without over drying it.  It has 15% pomegranate and other all natural astringents such as Alpine willowherb and witch hazel extract.  This toner does NOT have parabens or GMOs.  Bonus points!  It is expensive though; $20 for 6.75 oz is a LOT of money.  But I think it's worth it considering that it's all natural and it does what it says it does.


There you have it my HAPPY people, my newest cleansing routine.  I will be posting a blog entry about my current anti-aging skin care products in the near future so stay tuned for that.  What does your cleansing routine look like?  Do you recommend any products?  I'm interested in learning more about paraben free products so I'll be HAPPY to hear if you know of any.


Besos, Isabel xox      

No comments:

Post a Comment