Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Happiness is. . . a Perfect Greek Sunset


Saluting the sun in Oia, Santorini


I'm a big fan of sunsets.  They really take my breath away and make me feel so lucky to be living in such a wonderful world.  I literally feel butterflies in my stomach when I witness a beautiful sunset, like the one pictured above.  I took this picture last summer in the island of Santorini.  

I love the Greek islands and have been fortunate enough to have vacationed there for weeks at a time, twice.  The first time I went to Greece was over 10 years ago when I went backpacking with one of my best friends.  When I saw my first Santorini sunset I was blown away by it and promised myself that I would make it back.  It took me a long time but I finally went back last year, this time with my boyfriend.  

Santorini is, hands down, one of the most romantic places I’ve ever been to and a lot of it has to do with its amazing sunsets.  If you are looking for a Honeymoon destination or a place to celebrate your Anniversary I urge you to consider a trip to the Greek islands, especially to Santorini.  You will be HAPPY that you made it there.  

Try to catch a sunset in Oia on the northwest side of the island.  That’s where this picture was taken.  Lots of locals and tourists reunite there to watch the sunset and everybody joyfully claps and whistle in the end.  It will be an unforgettable experience.

Feeling blessed and rocking a ballerina bun in Santorini


Do you have a favorite spot to watch the sunset?

Besos, Isabel xox  

No comments:

Post a Comment