Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happiness is. . . a Walk in the Park

 Penelope just HAPPY to be outside back in Florida

No frisbee, no problem!

Penny always finds something to play with.  That simple!

Meet Penelope!  This is my 3yr Shih Tzu and I love her to death.  She is a ball of joy and knows exactly how to build me up when I'm feeling down.  She truly is one HAPPY dog, loyal to a fault (she is my shadow!) and completely adorable.  Yes, Penny is a bit high maintenance, spoiled and even needy - like right now, she is licking my fingers as I'm trying to write this blog (face-palm) - but, how can I get mad at her?  Look at that face!

I've learned so many lessons from this little dog... one of them being appreciative for the simple things in life.  Things that sometimes we can take for granted, like for instance just hanging outside in a sunny day or going for a long walk in the park.  When we lived in South Florida we used to go for walks all the time and I miss it so much.  I don't get to do it at all in cold, gloomy Rochester.  Penelope's walks keep getting shorter and shorter and I honestly feel bad for her.  I can't wait for some warm weather!  It would be nice to play fetch outside for a change.  Our small one bedroom apartment is just not big enough for this ball of energy to get the exercise that she needs, not to mention the neighbors do not appreciate her running around non stop.  

Spring can't come soon enough!  I can't wait to take little Penelope out to the dog park and feel the sun on my face.  That would make both of us so HAPPY.  But until then... sorry downstairs neighbors!

Do you like spending time with your pets outside?  Any favorite games?  Have you learned any life lesson from your furry friends?

Besos, Isabel xox    


No comments:

Post a Comment