Monday, February 25, 2013

Happiness is. . . an OZ Inspired Makeup Palette

 The Glinda Palette

Inspired by the Disney movie Oz The Great and Powerful

All you need for a "spellbinding" look

Swatches: South, Oz (silver), Oz (gold), Illusion, Magic, Aura (rose iridescent), Aura (violet iridescent) and Tornado

Swatches: 24/7 eyeliner in Rockstar (deep eggplant) and Super-Saturated Lip Color in Glinda





Hi lovelies! Hope everybody had a great Monday.  Mine started off pretty badly.  I went to the doctor this morning and found out that I need to have more surgery next week.  As I mentioned in my very first post I have Crohn's disease.  Having a chronic illness is something that can send the most happy-go-lucky person to a very dark place so I try not to talk about it.  Maybe one day, when I'm ready, I'll write a post about my journey because it might help out somebody who is struggling with the disease too.  But today is not the day...

Since I was feeling kind of down, I decided to treat myself with something that I've been eyeing for a few weeks: the new Urban Decay limited edition eyeshadow palette inspired by the witches of the upcoming Disney movie Oz The Great and Powerful.  They have two palettes to choose from, the Theodora (Mila Kunis) and the Glinda (Michelle Williams).  I thought that being a brunette I was going to pick the Theodora palette, but when I saw them in person I fell in love with the Glinda and went with that one instead.  Maybe I'm more of a good witch after all!

Needless to say I LOVE this new palette.  Urban Decay never disappoints in the quality of their eyeshadows.  The colors are wonderful, very pigmented (even though they are light) and long wearing.  It comes with six pans, but two of them are split in half so you actually get eight colors.  My favorite one is Aura.  So pretty!  It also comes with a full size Super-Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color in Glinda (it's called Naked in their permanent collection), a 24/7 eyeliner in Rockstar and a get the look instructional card.  You can get it at Sephora (in store or online) for $49.

I created this eye look today using only Aura, Magic and Tornado.  I lined my upper lashes with Rockstar but for the inner rim went with a Chanel white eyeliner instead.  I also added some polka dots with a white liquid eyeliner from Stila for more of a fantasy look.  I finished it up with my They Are Real mascara from Benefit.  Can't wait to try other looks!

The movie comes out on March 8th and I'm sure it's going to be amazing.  Are you excited to see it?  Which one of the witches are you?  The good witch or the bad witch?

Besos, Isabel xox

PS: If you have Crohn's disease and would like to ask me any questions you can do so by sending me a private message. My email is bornagainyogi@gmail.com :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment