Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happiness is. . . a "Pink Ladies" Jacket



I've always been a huge fan of "Grease".  Ever since I saw the movie for the very first time back in the 80's I've been obsessed with it.  I used to know the songs, the choreography and even some of the dialogue, verbatim.  "Grease" opened up my eyes to the magical world of musical theatre and introduced me to Broadway.  I used to be a dancer when I was a kid so logically I started to dream about becoming a Broadway star.  That sadly never happened but I still love musicals, own a nice selection of some of my favorites on DVD and collect every single PlayBill of all the shows that I go to.


"Grease" will always be a very special musical to me and part of it has to do with the fact that it featured a group of girls that called themselves the "Pink Ladies".  I imagined myself as Sandy, of course, and wondered if Rizzo would approve of me and invite me to join her clique. 


"Grease" Paramount Pictures


Yes, I had a little crush on Danny Succo aka John Travolta, but my "Grease" obsession when I was a little girl was more about my fantasy of becoming one of the popular "Pink Ladies" and wear that fabulous pink jacket.


"Grease" Paramount Pictures


Fast-forward a couple of decades (phew).... and there I was yesterday browsing the Clearance section of JCPenney when I saw it: the perfect pink jacket for only $14!  I immediately broke out my HAPPY dance and proceeded to check out, glad that nobody saw me dancing.









I've always wanted one and now I finally have it, my own modern version of the "Pink Ladies" jacket.  It's fitted, cropped, cheap and totally cute!  You can get yours here.  It's more neon than the "Pink Ladies" pink and it obviously doesn't have their logo on the back but I still think that Rizzo would have approved.  What do you think?


What's your favorite musical/movie? Do you own a piece of clothing that reminds you of it?


Besos, Isabel xox     

No comments:

Post a Comment